Saturday, July 16, 2011

" Sitting Pretty "

        
                                                        12  x  16    OIL

This is the second piece I did at the workshop of Janette Jones. Having done a lot of Faux-finish I am comfortable with making things look old but I still need to work on flowers and light. Oh well that's the beauty of doing this kind of work it is an everlasting discovery of what you can do and how to improve.
I really liked the colors of the old chair and the pot with these hydrangea.

On a side note I just had the pleasure to go see my brother and his wife in Vermont and I found out from her that hydrangea get their colors from the soil they are in and in Vermont where they live they are all white.
I'm so happy they are other kind of soils out there to make these flowers look so fabulous in different colors.

5 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Wow, Dominique! Maybe it is because I remember my grandparents having these kind of lawnchairs when I was a kid, but I sure love this piece. To me it is stunning and the chair is center stage!!

Rebecca said...

AMAZING! This piece is beautiful!! Great job! :D

martinealison said...

Très joli travail... belle harmonie de couleurs.
gros bisous.

dominique eichi said...

AutumnLeaves, Rebecca and Martinealison,
Thank you so much I appreciate the comments.

Dean H. said...

Those flowers are certainly sitting pretty, Dominique! Well done!