Sunday, February 26, 2012

" MY SWEET PEA "



16  x  20   Acrylic  
                                Available at Fineartamerica.com

My daughter works for a great organization, the YMCA. She is a site supervisor at one of the after school care at an elementary level. They had a fundraiser today and I was invited to paint something.
Well I did this painting.
Painting in front of people with the intention of having something finished by the alloted time is a bit nerve racking especially when you don't even know what you are doing before hand and I just had an idea and a picture on my phone of a field of sweet peas ( small ) , but I kept saying to myself I can do this. Of course it helps when your daughter tells you "if you don't like it mom it's  OK you can make a little sketch of something if you want, just have a good time !" (awww !)
Well I finished in about 2 hours and had another 1/2 hour to spare so I started to sketch this beautiful little girl called Samantha with radiant RED hair. I was really happy to capture that smile. She is posted on my other blog Dancing Strokes .......check it out.

12 comments:

Rosemary said...

Oh my goodness, Dominique! You should paint under pressure more often :-) This is beautiful! Now I'm going to click over and see Samantha!

Unknown said...

Wow - Dominique, I love this. You are immensely talented....

Mona Diane Conner said...

I love sweet pea blossoms. This is a beautiful painting, and it's just amazing to know it was a demo done in 2 hours!

dominique eichi said...

@ Rosemary, Nancy and Mona ,
How nice of you to say these things thank you all so much.

Anonymous said...

You epitomize grace under pressure, the painting is beautiful.
I was hired by Swarovski Crystal to quick sketch wealthy clients wearing their jewelry during a promotional party. I did my best, four hours later I hailed a cab home and promptly threw up.
Never again.
X David

r garriott said...

So graceful, and such soothing lovely colors. Like being in a garden. I would've guessed you painted it outside.

Anonymous said...

Time to post some new art momma!!!....no more worrying about my wedding stuff or being busy with silly things- I pray God fills up your cup to overflowing and continues to bless you daily!... xoxo

diana said...

WOW that is very impressive Dominique, I had no idea you were an artist, and a very good one indeed! So glad our family got to meet you! I have fundraisers all the time, maybe one day you can create a special piece for us to use for our raffle!! Hope to see you again! Hugs, Diana

Desiree's Designs said...

Beautiful!! Great job.

MYSTELIOS said...

Very beautiful floral painting with amazing colours !!!

Unknown said...

wonderful painting!

Shelley Whiting's art said...

This is very lovely and exquisite work.