Friday, January 1, 2010

THe REveal !













Her Name is Sharon Throgmorton and I wish she had a blog for me to comment , what a fabulous portrait she did of me and how much I love it. So if you read this Sharon e-mail me at artbydominique at yahoo dot com

















The site Different Strokes from Different Folks was featured on Charley Parker ' lines and colors ' blog for the year-end portrait swap with examples of some of them.

Also Karin has us on U-tube with 4 videos # 1 2 3 4
My work is in # 3 portrait of me is in # 4



BTW...... Blessings to ALL on the start of this exiting NEW YEAR 2010 =D



9 comments:

Nithya said...

Great job on your portrait, you captured a great likeness with such a minimal style. lovely!

and you have been painted beautifully as well :)

dominique eichi said...

Thanks Nithya.

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

Hey, Dominique, Happy New Year! I love both of these portraits. Yours is so playful and has your wonderful flair for drawing. You really captured her expression wonderfully. I too wanted to compliment her on her painting but... alas, no blog. I love the colors she used and her brushwork. You two were paired well because you're both fantastic artists!

Prabha N. said...

Both the portraits are beautiful! Dominique, yours stands out amongst all because of the green shirt and the artistic line drawings!

Thanks for your encouraging comments! I have written one sentence from that on my wall,as it is something i want to be tell myself everytime.

adebanji said...

Like both portraits and I also love the picture reference for yours, very creative!

Rosemary said...

Oh My Goodness, Dominique! This is wonderful...You certainly captured Sharon and I love the green eyes! This entry is outstanding! Bravo!! The portrait she did of you is beautiful too!

Jill said...

Echoing Rosemary's comment: love the green and green with black and white. You're really going places!

lilly piri said...

I like your interpretation! very clever.

raeandrewsgallery.blogspot.com said...

Great job Dominique, I loved both of these portraits also. Yours and Sharon's, both have a sense of the people, a sense of fun.
I will visit often.Thanks also for your comments on my attempts in this challenge.
Rae